Start your makeup journey with award winning makeup Artist Maggie Tamarua and Team. At the Tamarua Beauty Academy we are passionate and confident that you will complete your course with all the knowledge, understanding and skills that you will need to progress your career to the next step.
All trainers have completed their Training and Assessment Certificate. They are highly qualified with years of experience teaching at colleges/tafes, editorial spreads and have worked for prestigious makeup companies and won major industry awards. All trainers STILL work within the makeup industry and are well sought after.
All classes will have an intimate classroom experience of no more than 8 students per class, to ensure the greatest experience possible. You will be provided with all makeup required to create each look. Competitively priced Makeup kits will be available to purchase which will contain an excellent selection of products. Student must supply own brushes for use in class. Students will have a option to purchase the TBA set (includes all the basic must haves) for $290 or provide their own set. This will ensure students can practice and learn how to maintain their brushes by cleaning, sanitizing, reshaping and drying properly. With proper care you can use the same tools your entire career.
A Certificate of attainment is gained on the successful completion of this Beginners/Intermediate Make-Up Course. All students will receive 10% off selected products throughout course. The Academy prefers to use a range of different products to achieve the optimum finish including Kryolon, Nars, Inglot, and Napoleon.
Students must be 16 years of age or over at the starting date of the course.
8 week course – model required from week 2
One night or weekend per week for 3 hours
- Health, Safety and Hygiene
- Mixing products/product knowledge
- Brush technique and control
- Application of foundation & Concealer
- Colour Harmony and Skin Tone
- Contouring and highlighting
- Application of makeup:
- YSM Skin with a pearl glow
- Soft Classic eye with black shadow line
- Powder and blush
- Classic Eye
- Mature Age Makeup
- YSM Set with pressed powder or hourglass
- Matte Vintage Makeup
- Bronze Socket Eye
- Glowy skin
- Yasmin eye
- Problem skin using YSM
- Eye Shapes and Corrective Techniques
- Precise eyeliner and lip shaping techniques
- Application of Individual and Full set lashes
- Industry Knowledge and Insight – Conducting yourself as a professional artist and establishing a successful career.
Course Cost: $1400.00
(No hidden costs)
Deposit of $500.00 (non refundable) is required to secure your place in class; the balance to be paid prior to commencement of the course or payment plans available.
Payment Plan options available
- Full payment upfront using direct deposit or Paypal within 24 hours
- A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 using direct deposit must be paid in order to guarantee your place on any of our courses and remainder of course to paid week 1 prior to class via direct deposit, eftpos or cash.
- Payment Plan via Humm (Spread your payments out over 4 x fortnights or 8 x weeks). No interest and no extra fees.
Included in course
- Disposable wands
- Fake lashes
- Lash adhesive
- Brush cleaner
Students will participate in a professional photo shoot to begin building their portfolio. This will form part of their assessment. Photographing your looks will show you where you need to improve and how your makeup translates in pictures.
Prerequisites to the course: Students must be 16 years of age or over at the starting date of the course. You will be taught all the practical aspects of makeup application and selection for weddings and special occasions.
Course Location: 36 Aylesbury Drive, Altona, 3018, Victoria (Building 8)
Min 3 students required for class to proceed
Please click on your preferred date to begin: